Settling in Services

Settling in Services

Settling in Services

Cable/Internet/Telephone: Common Providers
Verizon: 1-800-837-4966 
Comcast: 1-800-934-6489
DIRECTV: 1-855-463-7359
Service Electric: 610-865-9100 

Gas/Electric: (start, stop or transfer) Providers are limited to their service area. 
Peco:  1-800-494-4000
PP&L: 1-800-342-5775
Philadelphia Gas: 215-235-1000  
UGI: 800-276-2722 
Met Ed: 1-800-545-7741 
Private Gas: If there is a private gas tank, it is either leased or owned.  Check the seller's disclosure to verify the ownership and past provider.

Public Water/Public Sewer: 
The majority of both of these services are lienable and therefore handled by the abstract company at the time of closing. Double check with your agent; if it is private, you would be responsible to set up the services.

Some disposal services are provided by the township/borough, but the majority are private carriers. Carriers have limited service areas.  The local township/borough office is an excellent source for a list of approved providers.

General Services:
PA State Car Registration
PA Drivers License
Change of Mail/Postal Address
Social Security Card
Voter's Registration

  Notify your insurance agent and/or providers of your change of address or select a new carrier.

  Notify your banking institutions of your change of address or select a new bank.

Property Taxes:
  The abstract company at closing sends a notice to the local taxing authority regarding your property tax bill (school , county, township/borough.) If your lender is escrowing for your taxes and insurance, you are responsible to forward these bills to the lender. Double check they have the correct information by contacting your local taxing authority for your new location. This is especially important if you are getting your bills mailed to a different address from the actual property address.

Local Earned Income Tax: Check if this tax is applicable in your new location.

Real Estate Links Our Domains